Business & Corporate Formation
I assist clients with partnership agreements as well as corporate and limited liability company (LLC) formation.
Corporate formation generally includes the following:
• Discuss incorporation of business with client and complete client information checklist.
• Determine corporate structure and taxation.
• Discuss with client the consent to multiple representation of corporation and other parties. Prepare Consent to Multiple Representation for signature.
• Research through the Office of the Secretary of State in order to verify availability of the corporate name. Perform a national search of name availability if corporation will transact business outside Minnesota.
• Draft and file Articles of Incorporation with Secretary of State.
• Draft Bylaws.
• Draft Action of Sole Incorporator Electing First Directors.
• Draft Minutes of First Meeting of Board of Directors.
• Draft Minutes of First Meeting of Shareholders.
• Prepare Share Certificates and Shareholder Ledger.
• Prepare and file Applications for State and Federal Identification Numbers.
• Prepare and file Report to Determine Liability with the Minnesota Department of Jobs and Training.
• Prepare and file Certificate of Assumed Name with the Secretary of State (if applicable).
The information contained on this website is provided solely as a summary of the services offered by my firm, and is not intended as legal advice. It consists of only a brief overview of the various services that I provide. Laws in the area of business and estate planning change frequently. Please do not rely on the information on this website for your business or estate planning needs. Each company, individual, couple, and family has unique needs. It is always advisable to consult an attorney when dealing with any of the issues discussed herein.